ALL ferries will depart and return to ‘Campbells Cove Pontoon’, Circulary Quay.
Departure times will be scheduled for the advertised session times ie. if your event is advertised at 4pm then the ferry will depart at 4pm.
To ensure smooth sailing, please arrive 30 mins before your session start time for ticket scanning and to collect your wristband. That way we can get you on your way to paradise quickly.
Please note: to provide the best experience possible, our departure times are strictly observed and we cannot wait for late-comers. So please ensure that you allow extra travel time on your journey to Campbells Cove Pontoon, to avoid delays.
Guests will be welcomed aboard the Bubbles Boat with a glass of sparkling in your own Wine Island tumbler – be sure to keep this tumbler as it’s your tasting glass for the day, and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE: Alcohol is not allowed to be consumed on the return ferry trip. Any opened bottles will be confiscated so please keep a lid on it.
Cashless Service and Wristbands at WINE ISLAND
Wine Island uses Festival Currency for all transactions on the island. This means that all food and drink purchases along with merch and masterclasses at Wine Island must be paid for using Festival Currency.
No cash transactions are allowed. How will it work?
This year, ticketdholders will receive their wristbands at Campbells Cove Pontoon, before boarding.
Approximtely two weeks out from the Wine Island festival you will receive an email with a dedicated link to Activate and upload Festival Currency along with any add ons such as masterclasses. This year it is imperative that you activate so we can have a COVID safe event. Closing date for Activating and pre-purchasing currency is Tuesday 1 December at 5pm.
Should you choose not to Activate your wristband you may not receive your entitlements nor be allowed to the event as we need to abide by strict COVID safe practices.
To upload more currency, you can purchase from our Festival Currency Hut or via roaming currency sellers, on the island. Visitors can simply ask an exhibitor or seller to scan their wristband to find out how much credit they have remaining.
All festival currency transactions are subject to a one off transaction fee – this fee is $2.65.
What if I don’t use all the Festival Currency on my wristband?
Refunds for unused Festival Currency will be available via the Wine Island website between Monday 7th December from 12pm to Friday 11th December at 5pm (AEDST) only – no refunds will be available after this time. You will need your wristbands RFID number, barcode number and serial number to claim a refund along with contact and bank account details.
Refunds can take up to 14 days to process.
Wine Island is a 3 day wine festival taking place on Clark Island, Sydney Harbour, on Friday 4 December – Sunday 6 December, 2020.
Sessions run from 11am – 3pm and 4pm – 8pm daily.
Being an island full of wine, there will be a range of alcoholic beverages available to taste and purchase by the glass (bottles can be purchased for take home only).
Please note: Wine Island only serves tastings and beverages by the glass. All bottle purchases are for take away consumption only and must be taken off the island unopened. There is also a strict no drinking policy on the return ferry which you must adhere to.
- You can bring along picnic rugs, but no tables or chairs.
- Please make sure you wear suitable footwear (kick off those heels!) as the island can be rugged in places. Safety and comfort first.
- Bring umbrella, good quality raincoats, gumboots and a sense of adventure in case it rains.
- Credit card and cash in case you want to purchase Festival Currency on the island to purchase more tastings, glasses or bottles of wine etc. All exchanges of money is via our Festival Currency sellers who will upload $s to your wristbands. There will be no ATM on the island.
- Sunscreen, a hat and a holiday attitude.
- Alcohol, non alcoholic drinks – this includes water, juice, soft drinks, sports drinks etc
- Metal cutlery, including cheese knives.
- Food – we have really good food to go with really good wine, on the island.
- Tables & chairs
- Pets (other than trained assistance animals such as guide dogs)
- Drugs and illicit substances
There will be a security check on the island and prohibited items will be confiscated.
Wine Island does not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
Please note Wine Island is an outdoor event and will proceed rain, hail or (no) shine. The island location can be affected by the weather conditions so come prepared with wet weather gear, raincoats, ponchos and/or umbrellas and a good attitude.
The festival will only be cancelled if the weather conditions become extreme and dangerous on the day of the festival or in the lead up. Please note that an assessment regarding cancellation may be delayed, due to the changeability of weather conditions at this time of the year.
The decision to cancel the festival will be made on festival day. Attendees should check this website AND social media BEFORE departing for the festival for messages on wet weather arrangements.
Media and professional photographers must arrange accreditation through [email protected]
There will be photography and filming taking place at Wine Island. If you do not wish to be captured please notify a member of our crew.
If we need to cancel / postpone the event because of COVID-19 we ask that if you can please hold on to your ticket, if you can. If you do require a full refund however, Wine Island will organise this via the ticket purchaser.
There is a no swimming policy in place for the duration of the Wine Island festival.
- This is an over 18’s event. Entry will be refused to persons under the age of 18
- Admission to the event will only be granted upon presentation of a wristband
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons present a valid and acceptable form of photo identification (Australian Drivers Licence, passport or RTA endorsed proof of age card)
- As this is a licensed venue, entry will be refused to people who are intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Patrons choosing to bring valuables to the venue do so at their own risk
- Any patron may be required to undergo search, pat down, bag check and / or metal detector search at the wharf and/or during the event. A person who refuses to undergo such a search, pat down and/or bag check may be prohibited from entering the event without being entitled to a refund of the admission fee, or such a visitor may be immediately removed from the event
- There are no pass outs
- This is an all weather event and will proceed in the case of rain, hail or shine. No refund will be provided
- There is no smoking at this event as you are on National Parklands
- Wine Island maintains a zero tolerance drug policy
- Wine Island maintains a zero tolerance policy to dangerous, abusive and/or threatening behaviour – anyone showing these behaviours will be ejected from the island at their own expense
- None of the following will be accepted onto the island :
- weapons of any kind
- glass or breakable containers
- metal cutlery, including cheese knives
- skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles
- Pets (except trained / approved assistance animals)
- Furniture or structures (table, chairs, eskies etc)
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the island at their own expense
- Wine Island reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons who breach the Conditions of Entry